Privacy and Personal Information Policy
The Board of ANFE is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which the organization collects, holds and administers.
ANFE collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of providing quality welfare services to the community. The organization is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
The organization recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways which they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other. These privacy values are reflected in and supported by our core values and philosophies.
ANFE is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment Act 2000 which imposes specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organization has adopted these respective Privacy Principles as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
This means that we:
- Only collect information which the organization requires to fulfil its duties;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access;
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information and the right to correct it.
Collection, Use & Disclosure
- Only collect information that is necessary for ANFE’s performance
- Notify stakeholders about why we collect the information and how it is administered
- Notify stakeholders that this information is accessible to them
- Only use or disclose information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a directly related secondary purpose. For other uses we will obtain consent from the affected person.
Data Quality, Security & Retention
- Take reasonable steps to ensure the information we collect is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and relevant to the functions we perform.
- Safeguard the information we collect and store against misuse, loss, unauthorised access and modification.
- Only destroy records in accordance with Administration & Records Management Policy.
- Make this information freely available in relevant publications and on the organization’s website.
- Ensure individuals have a right to seek access to information held about them and to correct it if it is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
- Only release personal information about a person with that person’s expressed permission. For personal information to be released, the person concerned must sign a release form.
- Release information to third parties where it is requested by the person concerned.
To read this policy in Italian, click here.