The All-Cultures Respite Options (ACRO) Program is a short-term respite service for carers (mainly of non-English speaking backgrounds) who live at home and care for an adult with an intellectual disability. ACRO offers participants (the care recipients) a variety of structured activities during the day whilst their carer(s) have a short break from their caring role.
The ACRO Program provides:
- 6½ hours of respite for the non-working carers per day (9½ hours for working carers), either on a Monday, Tuesday, Friday or Saturday;
- Transport to and from home;
- A wide range of sporting, recreational and social activities for the care recipient;
- Bi-Lingual and qualified staff;
- Referrals to other services.
All of ANFE’s services supported by the Commonwealth Home Support Programme adhere to the National Guidelines and Framework for Client Contribution. Under these guidelines all clients are expected to contribute towards the cost of services where possible.
ANFE is a not-for-profit organization and as such all fees charged will be fair, equitable and will never exceed the costs of providing the service. No service user will be refused service due to an inability to pay. For more information regarding ANFE’s fee structure please contact us on 8234 5550 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ACRO Program gratefully acknowledges the financial assistance and guidance of the Department of Social Services.
Program Coordinator: John Corso
For more information, please Contact Us.